Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Aromatherapeutic oils

0

I have been thinking a lot about fragrances and scents lately. It intrigues me how the scents I love are hated by others, or how our bodies know that citrus is revitalising while lavender is soothing. I decided to find out a little about essential oils.


Jasmine: This is one of my favourite scents. It reminds me of my childhood as we had a huge jasmine vine up one side of the house. The scent and the essential oil have an exotic floral fragrance with the potential to help with nervous tension. Apparently, it can also restore sexual confidence.


Patchouli: Contrary to popular belief; people who are conscious of the environment, or 'hippies' as they are otherwise known, don't always wear patchouli. Having said this, the scent is associated with love and peace. It has a rich earthy scent which is used for energy and for feeling grounded and connected to our roots.


Rose: Roses are very much associated with women. It is no wonder, since rose oil is so beneficial for us. It is used to balance hormones and is great for our reproductive organs as well as enhancing sexuality.


Sandalwood: While I have never ben a huge fan of this fragrance, it does wonders for our bodies. The deep woody scent that is sandalwood induces a state of calm and serenity. It also aids in sexual restoration in both men and women.




0 comments:

Post a Comment