Monday, January 2, 2012

To 2012 and having no regrets.

2



It recently occurred to me that I might not know as much as I thought I did about my loved ones. I am not talking about how many sugars my Dad takes in his tea in the morning (two) or my littlest brother’s favourite alcoholic beverage (everything), but the really truly important things.

When do we cross the line between trying so hard to lead a productive and meaningful life; and actually living it? Being ‘in’ the moment instead of just on the outskirts peering in?

I feel as though in recent months I have failed to see the forest through the trees so to speak. And while I feel I know what I am aiming for, I can’t help but wonder if in the meantime I am losing touch with myself and those I care about in the process.

I think with this New Year now upon us, I have one of two choices. I can either pull back and just breathe; which I know will bring me peace but not much more; or I can get in there and live. Say goodbye to sleep, work my butt off, save my pennies for things that matter like memories and experiences and just live; try and pump 24 hours worth of living into each day.

I think there is really only one choice and that’s option B. If we are all to die by the Mayan predictions this year I don’t want to regret a single moment. So here’s to 2012; and living life to the fullest.


2 comments:

Post a Comment