Monday, September 26, 2011

A time to begin

0

It has been a while since I have just sat down and wrote. I don't have a  good reason as to why this is. I can say I will not neglect to write but the reality is that I am human. We get sloppy and break promises with ourselves and others. We fall short of expectations.


I wish I was less like this and more like the person I want to be: one who doesn't waste so much precious time on trivial things. As we are all aware; life is timed. Nobody is immortal and we all have an expiry date.


This concept has really began to hit home with me recently. No, nobody in close proximity to my life has died nor have I recently experienced any particularly life-altering moments. It is just becoming more apparent everyday that at 21; it really is time to move out of my parent's home.


There are times where I look back and wish I have saved more of my money so I could leave home or take more financial risks however my reality is that that money is gone; spent on bits and pieces. All we have is the present and it is everything we make it. Hopefully with a little careful planning, I will be able to afford to live the life I can only afford in my head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment