Friday, September 30, 2011

And I say sorry.

0

I think that people value life too poorly. We consume the flesh of innocent creatures several times a day without a care to whether the he or she on our plate suffered throughout life and during death. We don't even care to stop and wonder whether they were a he or a she. From that creatures first breath it had a tiny heart, tiny nose, eyes and a little pair of ears. They are not so different from you and I.


We play games where the prime role is to inflict death on those opposing us. We stab, maim, torture, rape and stalk our own kind. We reoffend and reoffend. We cheat on our partners, lie to our friends and family, disrespect ourselves over and over again.


We are ripping down entire rain forests to use as commodities. We are overfishing our oceans to the point of extinction, we are destroying our ozone layer with harmful products. We are destroying the only planet we will ever have.


How is our race; this so called 'alpha species' supposed to survive when all we do is destroy? A lot of the time I am disgusted for what we have done. I can't apologise enough for my kind's destructive and totalitarian nature. I may only hope for a generation removed from today that operates on a system of compassion instead of greed and gluttony

0 comments:

Post a Comment